Monday, September 10, 2012

Why I Love Bella Zuri Body


 




It all started as a gift. My mom works at Sam's Club and they always have little gifts sets and she bought a sea salt body scrub. It set in our bathroom for months...months. Finally one day I was bored and I just randomly decided to use it. I loved it. So I continued to use it..I sort of got addicted to the way it made my skin feel. I gotta say I was a little disappointed when it ran out...okay I was devastated! If anyone knows me they know there is nothing that I don't think I can't make. So I decided to embark on a 'make my own scrub adventure.' I looked at the ingredient list and it didn't look too complicated so I tackled it. I started with obvious ingredients: Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrier Oil. I was sorta stumped when it came to coloring and scents. Fortunately around that time I was working at a spa with some very talented massage therapists who not only had an amazing touch, but they specialized in aromatherapy massages. They sent me in the right direction. I learned so much from them they have the infinite 'friend discount'! One even brought me a book on essential oils. I really threw myself into making the best product and also learning what the best carrier oils were, also how some farmers use unscrupulous lavender among other oils. I learned about 'true' essential oils and even how to preserve my product in a natural way. I did internet searches on everything I could find to make the best quality scrubs. I even found a line at a hobby store that made a natural color. So when I was all set I began giving them as gifts, and trying out different scents on my friends and family. My mom was my official 'scenter'. Here's how that would work: I would make a combo scent like lavender vanilla or citrus rose and I would have her smell it without her knowing what it was and if she could guess the two scents then I knew it was a winner. She has an amazing nose! :)


 I wanted to create a name that meant something so I already had Bella, which is Italian for beautiful, in mind but it just didn't seem to be enough it needed something else. During this time I was having all kinds of revelations: what kind of jars to use, labeling, brochures, but I still needed a complete name, and then one day it just came to me (after a very nice and well deserved nap)-
Zuri (beautiful in Swahili)....Bella Zuri....Beautiful, Beautiful... And Bella Zuri was truly born. As you can see I am a self made business, I went from using a product to making a better product, to giving it away to actually selling it and eventually expanding it into body oil (After Glow) and Bath Salts. It all happen like a dream...and now I have my own Etsy store:
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/105060453/amazing-all-natural-sugar-and-sea-salt


I can say that my little 'make my own scrub' adventure has truly taken me on a roller coaster adventure, with ups and downs and twists and turns.
 I can also say I wouldn't change it for the world. Bella Zuri is here to stay!






No comments:

Post a Comment